Friday, April 25, 2014

Does anyone have a recommendation for a dual screen portable dvd player for the car?




DallasDad


I am especially interested in 1) sound quality 2) screen quality and 3) ease with which dvds can be changed/loaded while driving. This is for two kids in backseat so it would need a headrest harness.


Answer
There are lots of models out there, and usually very cheap.

Might I suggest getting a model that allows for input and output and not strictly for the Car. You'll need a coupler but will be able to use these elsewhere and have the ability to have games systems or two different movies on them, but this will be a question as far as age ( since these will not have a headrest harness per say). You will need to look at good headphones or a RF modulator or mini cable or tape adapter (depending on the car).

If you gave just a little more detail i would feel better about a recommendation.

Snap on Headrest Monitor?




Jamaal E


I'd like to install a video system in my car, but I'm not much of a motor head and would prefer something that doesn't deal with the interior specifically. I'm preaty sure that I'll be selling this car not too far down the road and I dont want to make a bunch of hot wired modifications that I wont be able to get back or use when my new car comes around. Thus, I'm looking for a headrest DVD player that can just snap or strap onto the headrest. I'd also need something that would share the video signal to one player source if something is plugged in via RCA or S-Video RCA (such as a game system a.k.a. a game system playing accross two monitors.)

Any Idea of what I can do? I believe flip down monitors are out of the question considering you have to rip the overhead interior to install the brace.

BTW,
Trying to put this in a Mitsubishi Gallant ES 2000



Answer
I'll be frank with you, there are systems out there that will do what you need to do. They are generally referred to as Dual Headrest Monitors, and they strap on to the seat. They generally run a proprietary cable between the two screens which then gets run of a DVD player either one of the screens, or a separate one on the floor. They can usually run external sources as well, but you'll want to check the box first to make sure.

You can buy these at Best Buy, Circuit City, Fry's, and even Target, but be warned, they are pron to quiting without warning or reason. I worked for a service center briefly a year ago, and I literally saw 10s of thousands of these things coming back all the time, from different manufacturers, and for various reason.

That being said, if you get one, BUY THE WARRANTY!!!! I guarantee that you will use it within the first 6 months.

If you are looking for something fairly simple, but that still looks clean, and will last, Myran & Davis makes pre-fabed headrest monitors that just replace your current headrests, and that take minimal amounts of wiring, so when you are done, you just pull out the headrest, and put your old ones back in, and you can have the screens put into whatever car you eventually buy.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment