Thursday, July 25, 2013

How can I copy my VHS tapes to DVD?

best dvd vhs player combo on Sylvania SSC132 13
best dvd vhs player combo image



vickit447


Ok I have a bunch of old movies I purchased in VHS format. I would like to copy them to DVD. Can I do that with a DVD recorder / VHS player combo, or should I buy separate units?

I think it's unfair that I'd have to buy these movies again, provided I can even find them on DVD.

Thanks.
Ok what if I run my cable through my vcr and the dvd recorder to th tv with the S-video jack?

I really don't want to get into using my computer.



Answer
I believe copying store-bought Macrovision protected VHS tapes will not be possible without a Macrovision removing device between the VCR and DVD recorder. This would rule out a combo unit for your purposes. I know I needed one of these devices just to copy a protected VHS to VHS with the later VCRs that came out. Also needed one to dub protected VHS to the ATI capture card on my computer for creating DVDs. I know a DVD player / VCR combo unit will not allow you to copy protected DVDs to VHS. I assume the reverse would be true as well. http://www.xdimax.com/dvd/dvdredpro.html This is the one I bought years ago, it still works and it's still "blinking away" between my 2 VCRs... Though I don't do much VHS to VHS or VHS to DVD dubbing these days...

The quality you end up with will not be great. Not worthy of the newest TVs coming out. Always some loss recording from an analog source... The resolution of VHS is not great to begin with... Not really worth the trouble...

What I've done is join Blockbuster Online where your rent 3 movies at a time through the mail for $17.99 a month flat rate. You can get 20 movies a month easily if you send them back quickly. Rent the movies you own on VHS and copy the DVDs on the computer. Much quicker and easier than dubbing VHS real-time to a DVD recorder. MUCH better results. Dolby Digital sound. Often no compression needed if only transferring the main movie files (no menus, ads, etc...). The resulting DVD-R will look far better than VHS even if compressed to 50%.

Here's more info on how to do it... http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index;_ylt=AiCh6IzYD0A3ViXGoU5LQorsy6IX?qid=20060815032854AAGRez8

How to get sound out of my home theater receiver when plugged into a dvd/vhs combo




Mikey Like


I just bought a home theater receiver and a vhs/dvd player combo. I have everything hooked up. When I put in a dvd it plays on the t.v. and I have sound out coming out of the speakers, but when I play a vhs I don't. The movie plays on the t.v. but I don't have sound coming from the speakers. Can you tell me what I need to do?


Answer
Are you using the optical or coax connector for SPDIF digital audio? That will not work for VHS. You'll have to connect to analog outputs.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment