Sunday, July 21, 2013

How do I get my portable DVD player to run off it's battery?

best dual portable dvd players on inch car dvd player, wiring diagram for 1 din 7 inch car dvd player ...
best dual portable dvd players image



dixonjj13


I bought an Insignia dual screen portable DVD player at Best Buy. I have returned 2 so far because I can't get them to play using battery power. I have called the Insignia help line 3 times with no success. I have tried plugging the unit in for 24+ hrs to charge the battery - both with the unit on and with the unit off. I assume that I should be able to play a movie, and remove the power plug to let the battery take over.....or turn the unit on without having the power cord plug in.....I can't do either. I can't find any switch to engage the battery....can't find any settings in the menus of the DVD player....and can't find any instructions about the battery in the manual. The helpline insists that it has an internal battery and that it should last about 2.5 hrs. I thought I was a smart guy, but I'm feeling very dumb......please help!


Answer
Hello,

I am sorry. I searched and searched and I was unable to find anything that said that there was a battery inside the "dual screen unit". Looking at the website, Insignia has many other portable DVD players. I am thinking that when someone said that they had a battery they were referring to those other units. I even looked through the manual and there was NO mention of a battery, internal or otherwise, except for in the remote control. This may be why you had two other units that wouldn't work off of "battery" power. Insignia only sells one dual screen unit (active and discontinued). Do you recall where you got the information that there was a battery? When the unit was plugged in, did you notice any icon that indicated that a battery was charging (a light, maybe)?? If I get further information maybe I will be able to help you more, I apologize for not being more helpful. (Hey, at least you're not dumb :) ) SMILE and be merry.

Do portable DVD players kill your car battery?




Justin


We have dual screen Phillips portable dvd player and the last few times we have used it, we have noticed that after using it the day before for a couple of hours, we have trouble starting our car. It is plugged into the adapter provided by the mini-van. Has anyone else had this problem? Is there a solution?
The battery is about a week old.



Answer
it is like leaving your parkers on for a few hours, there is a bit of draw off the battery. you could upgrade your battery to a bigger capacity or you could have an accessory battery that only the screens run off, you could rig it up to the charging system with the appropriate items so it will charge itself.

how old is your battery? maybe it is a sign your battery is a little worse for wear.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment