Wednesday, October 9, 2013

How can I hook up a VCR and a DVD to a cable box then to my TV?

best dvd player ever made on ... and Victimization The Origins of American Animation, 1900-1921 on DVD
best dvd player ever made image



justinband


I have a Sanyo TV from the 90's. It does NOT have any A/V slots only one spot on the back for a coax cable.
I would like to hook up a Emerson VCR ,a Philips DVD player, and my cable box to the same TV.
I tried running a line from the wall to the VCR then to the cable box and then to the TV and used A/V cords to hook the DVD player to the VCR. That made my cable picture terrible. I tried moving the A/V cord from the VCR directly to the cable box. No change.
Even when I don't hook up the DVD player at all and attempt to run just from the VCR to the cable box to the TV....I can't seem to ever get the VCR to display a video on any channel both with the cable box on or off.

HELP!!
What is the correct way to hook this up so that it all works without me having to unhook the cable and hook up my VCR or DVD player every time I want to watch something other than TV?
You cannot hook the cable box to the DVD player because DVD players do not have coax type connectors.
The TV stays on channel 3. I change the cable channel using the cable box only (which displays what channel I am currently watching)



Answer
You need 1 cable splitter, 1 coax cable switch box, 1 RF modulator and several pieces of coax.

Cable that comes from wall - hook up to cable splitter. One output of splitter goes to the cable box in. Other output of splitter goes to VCR in. Output of cable box goes to cable switch box. Output of VCR goes to input of RF modulator. Output of RF modulator goes to cable switch box. DVD player hooks up to RF modulator via A/V cables.

Position 1 of cable switch box will enable you to watch cable box. Position 2 of cable switch box will enable you to watch VCR or DVD player.

Hooking it up this way will enable you to tape one show while watching another.

Have you gotten rid of your old DVD player to have space for your new Blu-Ray player or did you keep both?




Bright


I have a very good sony blu ray player (that I hardly ever use). I would like to stack it with my others underneath my tv, but it's so high that I'm afraid it would fall in an earthquake if I did that. What do you think, keep the cheaper to replace DVD player or change it in favor of the blu ray player?


Answer
apparently blu-ray can play DVDs as well as its own blu-ray disks. but still... i'm sticking to the now classic DVD player. what's the rush? feels like just yesterday we made the switch from VCR to DVD! so keep the blu-ray bc it can play both i guess. i mean since you already bought it, don't let it go to waste.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment