Monday, October 7, 2013

Can I watch a 3D movie with a regular DVD player?

best buy dvd player 3d on ... Quality 3D Blue Ray Disc Players  Best Buy Blue Ray Players in 2011
best buy dvd player 3d image



sparkling_


Hi,
I recently bought an active 3D Sony TV and would like to watch a 3D movie for the first time at home. I have the glasses and a regular DVD player. Should I buy a Blu-Ray player to be able to watch 3D DVDs?

What do I need to make it happen?

Thanks



Answer
For active or passive 3D, You need a 3D Blu-Ray player, that explicitly states on the box that it is 3D-capable.

Me, I have the Sony BDP-S590. It is an awesome player. (The best part is, with the Sony TV... when you insert a disc, it automatically turns on the TV and sets the input ;D ) You can get it for under a hundred especially around this time of year. Well worth the price; Of course other manufacturers make them as well.

Here's the logo most consumer products use, that you should look for:

What type of HD cable do you need to connect from your blu-ray player to the TV?




Hot Chocol


I recently got a new HD TV and I already had a blu-ray DVD player, the installer told me to get an even better picture on my TV I should buy a "HD cable" to connect from my blu-ray player to my tv. What type of cable was he talking about and does it really make a lot of difference in picture quality?
Thanks!



Answer
HDMI cable which is used for High Definition. There are a couple of different HDMI cables, but the most important to remember is that a $100 cable and $30 one will show absolutely no difference, so don't get caught by those sellers trying to make you buy an HDMI cable for $100.

You can check here for more information on HDMI cables (there's versions 1.0, 1.1, 1.2, 1.3 and 1.4): http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/HDMI#Version_1.0_to_1.2

Generally, you'll want an HDMI 1.3, or if it's for 3D, you'll want 1.4. It usually is written on the box/bag which version it is.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment