Friday, February 28, 2014

Buying DVD player in Australia?




Martin


I'm looking for a DVD player, In Sydney Australia.

- I don't plan on watching blue ray in the future
- I don't watch live to air tv ever (so don't need top box capability).
- I would like it to read MP4, AVI and other formats from a USB
- I would like this player to be reliable
- I hate those trays that only come out half way and can cause you to bend or scratch the dvd.

So, what advice do you have for me? I like Samsung, but they all seem to have that odd dvd tray that opens a dust cover before ejecting, I hear that for reasons unknown such dvd players are less reliable. One of my relatives used to sell vhs and dvd players. I could ask them for advice but they live far away, so I'm asking you.

Please help. Thank you in advance.

maybe you have some models or brands that I should avoid or look for.

I mentioned my location because I think they don't sell the same stuff overseas.



Answer
Samsung's BD-D6700 Blu-ray Disc Player marries cutting-edge features with compelling design. 3D technology lets you enjoy cinema-quality 3D Blu-ray titles--or upconvert 2D Blu-ray Disc titles into 3D, for new levels of enjoyment from your existing 2D library. Then, explore new dimensions of connectivity with built-in Samsung Smart TV. Browse the Internet, access Samsung apps, and search content on your TV or online. Or connect USB or DLNA certified network devices for further entertainment options. And all without the hassle of cables--the BD-D6700 features built-in Wi-Fi to get you connected right out of the box. To top it off, a sleek and modern brushed-aluminum look will stand out in any room.

Favorite tv shows are from australia and wont play on US dvd player what to do?




Eerie


i have a couple of my favorite tvs i wanna buy on dvd but its says they arent compatible with US dvd players. the dvds are from australia. what do i need to do. should i buy a different dvd player or is there a way around that?


Answer
The first problem you're facing is that a US DVD player and an Australian DVD have different region codes. The US is region code 1 and Australia is region code 4.
Australia uses PAL as it's television standard and the US uses NTSC (old analog format) or ATSC (new digital format). Your DVD player may be able to handle either format. Check the user manual to see what it says about this.
You need to make sure you deal with both issues. Surprisingly, the cheaper DVD players often don't care about region. They say they do but in actuality they don't care. I'd guess that it's the region issue that's stopping you. Check the links below to see if you can change the region code on your player and go from there.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment