Thursday, February 27, 2014

Is there anything i can buy that will allow me to connect a dvd player to my tv?




Yanni


My house was broken in to and many of my things were taken. My parents had a few items in storage and said i could have everything. The tv has connection for cable but no input/output for a dvd player. The tv was purchased in 2001 before it was standard to have input out put for dvd. Or can i connect it through a vcr? Can someone help me?


Answer
Older TV sets usually don't have the audio/video hookups needed to run DVD players on. I had a Zenith 25 inch TV that was the same as yours. If you want to watch DVD's on an older TV, you will need to get what's called an RF Modulator. You can find these at electronic stores, such as Radio Shack, or stores like Wal-Mart and Target. They cost from $20-$30 dollars, but will provide you the audio/video hookups needed to run your DVD player through your existing TV set. Don't run the DVD player through your VCR, as DVD's have what's called Macrovision to keep people from making copies of DVD's. The DVD will not play right if you do this. Get the RF Modulator, and you'll be o.k.
(BTW, if you need an RF Modulator, I have one I can send you if interested).

Do i need to buy HD cables for my dvd player?




AVhelpME


My family uses AT&T U-Verse. We originally could use our existing dvd player in a different input. But when a service person from AT&T came out to fix a small problem, he mentioned that our TV was HD capable and so he set it up to watch our U-verse in HD. But since then when we try to watch movies on our dvd player, the video is scrambled. The U-verse works perfectly fine, but anything we try to use in a different input like, a dvd player, game system, or anything, the audio works fine but the video is very scrambled. I thought that maybe since we watch the cable in HD, then maybe the service person changed a setting on the tv so that now we have to buy HD cables to hook from our TV to our DVD player. Please Help.


Answer
no you dont really have too. just get a cable for your dvd player.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment