Monday, March 3, 2014

Tech Help!!! internet capability on DVD player. but I need WiFI?




RunCruzRun


Here is the situation
I have a Blu-Ray DVD player that comes with internet capability (Sony Model No. BDP-S185)
Sadly it does not have WiFi capability, it only supports the classic Ethernet cable.
I have a router that supports both Ethernet and Wireless capabilities. (Netgear Model No. WGT624v4)

My problem is that I cannot run an ethernet cable, I am not willing to purchase a new Blu-Ray Player that supports WiFi, And I cannot Install a Router closer to my location where I may use a much shorter Ethernet Cable.

Is there some sort of wireless adapter that i can plug in to the Ethernet port just might do the trick?
Budget is about $40 USD, I will make slight negotiations in price up to $50 maybe but my parameters will remain the same.
I understand a unit like this may require power, so plugging in a USB or plugging into a wall socket is completely acceptable. The DVD player I own has a USB port but does not support wireless adapters in that specific port (The USB Port)



Answer
Sony does make a USB Wireless LAN Adaptor for sony blu-ray player.But it costs more than a new player would cost.The problem you are going to have is you won't be able to install the software for a regular wireless adapter.Samsung makes then for their dvd players around $30.You would think Sony would to.Check Sony web site you might find one there that will work with your model blu ray.

PC+ Netgear Router+ DVD Wifi LG Player+ TV?




ToothFairy


My LG WiFi DVD player will recognize my NetGear WiFi Router but will not connect to it.

Incidentally my laptop recognizes the Wifi router with no issues. Please Advise.



Answer
Try checking for IP & DNS in DVD player ..

If valid IP : IT should take you , Bt If Not Then try assigning static
IP :192.168.1.15
DG: 192.168.1.1
static DNS : 4.2.2.2
secondary Dns : 4.2.2.1

It will Work ...

All The Best




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment