Monday, April 28, 2014

Playing Blu-ray Discs on SD DVD players?




Biggie


I know that most Blu-ray Disc players can play SD DVDs, but can normal DVD players play BDs? Is there a special attachment I'd need? Like the opposite of an up-converter...so I guess it would be a "down-converter?"


Answer
Sorry, you can only play a Blu-ray disk in a Blu-ray player (Blu-ray requires a different (blue) laser which allows a "finer" light beam to read denser tracks)

Note that unlike HD DVD players where all have essentially the same features, Blu-ray players vary widely in their capabilites. If you want the most "future proof" look for one marked as Profile 2.0, rather than 1.1 (the difference is the addition of mandatory Internet connectivity to support online extras or firmware updates).

Will blu ray discs work on older non-HD dvd player?




Mike K


We just bought a new Blu-Ray player for our home. If I get Blu-ray discs from Netflix, can I play them on my older, still working non-HD DVD player that we moved to another room?


Answer
No, Blu-ray will only work on blu-ray. Sorry




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment