Wednesday, September 11, 2013

Favorite tv shows are from australia and wont play on US dvd player what to do?

best dvd players australia on Colonial And Pirate Tri-Corner Hat 39 Solid Brass Harbormaster Double ...
best dvd players australia image



Eerie


i have a couple of my favorite tvs i wanna buy on dvd but its says they arent compatible with US dvd players. the dvds are from australia. what do i need to do. should i buy a different dvd player or is there a way around that?


Answer
The first problem you're facing is that a US DVD player and an Australian DVD have different region codes. The US is region code 1 and Australia is region code 4.
Australia uses PAL as it's television standard and the US uses NTSC (old analog format) or ATSC (new digital format). Your DVD player may be able to handle either format. Check the user manual to see what it says about this.
You need to make sure you deal with both issues. Surprisingly, the cheaper DVD players often don't care about region. They say they do but in actuality they don't care. I'd guess that it's the region issue that's stopping you. Check the links below to see if you can change the region code on your player and go from there.

If I buy a multi-region DVD player in Australia can I watch region 1 DVDs on it?




Crazy Cupc


Australia is region 4, USA and Canada are region 1, I want to buy some TV series on DVD which are 10x cheaper in region 1 format, if I spend $30 on a multi-region DVD player will I be able to watch region 1 DVDs on it? I assume it should work since it's called a multi-region DVD player but I can totally imagine that after I buy one I'll find out it doesn't bloody work or something.


Answer
More than likely such a player will ignore region altogether, and convert the video format on the disc to your TV format.

The only real issue is getting US based DVD vendors to ship to Australia at all.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment