Thursday, December 12, 2013

Can you use a DVD player as a disc drive?

dvd players best buy canada on Fragment Of The Fourth Part Of Dr. Higgins's 0bservations And Advices ...
dvd players best buy canada image



Dominic Ro


Ok, so I have an $800 gaming laptop but there's one problem. It doesn't have a disc drive. But I have a couple of dvd players and a blu-ray player lying around the house. I was wondering if I could somehow hook those up to my laptop via a usb cable or something else and use that to play some physical copies of games I have like GTA:SA or Zoo Tycoon. Any help is appreiciated. Also, I am trying this because I want to avoid going out to Best Buy or Walmart and buying a $30+ USB DVD Drive. Thank you in advance.
EDIT: I have a desktop computer that I don't use, is there a way to take the dvd r drive out of it and connect it to a laptop?



Answer
No.

Standalone players cannot be adapted or modified to be used that way.


Even if it was possible, the extra electronic parts needed
would cost far more than $30.

On top of that, you would have to know what parts to use, how to connect them,
and how to write the necessary software to make it all function.



[Answer provided form the U.S. via Y!A Canada
to circumvent the new, unusable format.]

What format is the Tokio Hotel Schrei Live DVD?




Lexx


If anyone has the Tokio Hotel Live Schrei DVD, can you tell me what format it is? PAL or NTSC? I'm looking to buy it as a gift for my friend, but I don't want it to not be compatible with her DVD player.


Answer
I think it depends where you order it from. If you order it from the Canada Amazon.com it is sold in NTSC format and will play on her dvd player.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment