Saturday, January 11, 2014

High definition DVD upconverting DVD player or Laptop?

best dvd upconverting player on Samsung 1080p Upconvert DVD Player at Best Buy Black Friday 2007
best dvd upconverting player image



shahaly


So I have a couple of HD TVs and both of them have the VGA input. Now my question is, is it worth spending money on an "upconverting" dvd player that converts the normal dvds to HD and display them? My computer, when connected to the HDTV, displays in 720p resolution.

So the question is, does the computer do the same job as an upconverting dvd player, or should I invest into one.



Answer
It sounds like your HDTV's are 720P. You didn't say if your HDTV's have any HDMI ports.

I sometimes connect my laptop to the VGA port on my 720P HDTV and watch DVD's that way. My laptop senses the HDTV and will auto switch the resolution to 1280x720.

An upconverting DVD player, which I also have, will convert a 480i (or 480sd) output signal to 720i or 720p signal for output to your HDTV. You can see a difference in the quality of the picture.

I'm going to invest in either a HD-DVD or Blu-Ray dvd player later this year. If you decide to invest in a HD-DVD or Blu-Ray dvd player, check to see if it will also play standard DVD's (via upconverting circuitry). That way, you can still keep your standard dvd's.

Good luck and post your findings/decision here, ok?

Can anyone recommend a good upconverting DVD player?




CommanderQ


I am planning to buy an LCD TV that supports 1080p. Should I buy a upconverting DVD player with 1080i or 1080p support since I heard 1080i is good enough.


Answer
Sure, at least until the industry sorts out all of the

formats. That's what I did. I own the Oppo DV-981HD.

Otherwise, you could consider the LG player that plays

both HD-DVD and Blu-Ray Discs if the high price is

not out of the question. A 1080i resolution is plenty

good enough for HDTV sizes of 37" or smaller.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment