Sunday, January 5, 2014

I'm wondering if a dvd that upconverts in HDMI will play movies in high definition?

best dvd player under 50 on GPX KCLD8887 Under-cabinet 8.1-inch LCD TV/ DVD Player (Refurbished ...
best dvd player under 50 image



pconn


Would I just be better off buying a hd dvd player? Want a surround sound system, but the only one I can afford ($350.00) says it upconverts in HDMI. Wondering what will the picture quality be like on my new Vizio 37" flat panel hd tv? Should I just go ahead and buy the hd dvd player and later buy an hd audio receiver with speakers?


Answer
in response to the last answer 720p and 1080i are considered true hd as well, infact in tvs under 50 inches you wont see a difference between 1080p and 720p unless youre within a few feet of the television. the blue ray is the only reason to go 1080p other then that most shows or sports broadcast via cable or satelite are filmed at 720p. but to answer your question the only way to get hd out of a dvd player is with and hd player or a blue ray

How do I price these items for a garage sale?




Kaytee


I am moving overseas and selling almost all my stuff. I don't expect to get a lt o money for small items, but I was wondering how I can price electronics and small appliances such as:
19'' TV (retail $98)
Sanio DVD player (retail $50)
Sony boombox (retail $60)
Microwave (retail $60)
Recliner chair (retail $300)
Panasonic bread maker (retail $120)
Cuisinart immersion blender (retail $30)
All stuff is relatively new, well-functioning and very clean. And how do I price appliances which retail under $20 (such as waffle iron, minichoper, hand mixer, blender)?
I have never been to a garage sale and have no idea what people pay for what.



Answer
I know it hurts to sell for so much less than you paid, but used is used even if only a short time. I'd put or expect to get $50 on the TV, $25-$30 on the DVD player and boombox, you'll be lucky to get $20 on the microwave and bread maker. $10-$15 on the blender, but think you'll really get $10 or under. You can get toasters new for $4 - $6 at garage sales as well as your other small stuff. Start off with it a little higher than what you really want, so you have room to bargain. If you price it $15, but would be happy with $10 then you can give them $5 off and they feel they got a bargain! Make sure to put out plenty of readable signs with arrows, nothing worse than trying to find a sale and you can hardly read the signs and get plenty of change! They will hit you with a bunch of $20 in the morning and then you'll run out. Never save an item for someone with out a deposit. They say they will come back, but rarly do unless they've left a deposit. Then you may miss selling it to someone else. Don't be surprised when you have it priced $5 and they offer you $1! Stick to your guns and don't give your stuff away unless you want to. Best wishes on your sale and move!!




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment