Tuesday, August 20, 2013

How can I transfer a video cassette onto a DVD with my DVD/VHS player?

best dvd vhs players on still have my VCR even though i do own a dvd player.
best dvd vhs players image



Chelly


I have this old video tape and I want to transfer it to a DVD using my DVD/VHS player WITHOUT any expensive devices/software. If it isn't possible, then give me any other info you have on easy ways to do this.


Answer
If it's something you recorded off a television broadcast, or a home video you taped with your camcorder or whatever, then get yourself a DVD-Recorder...you can pick a cheap one up for around 80 bucks at Target/ShopKo/Best Buy...whatever.

I do recommend you spring for a more expensive model (one that's over 120 bucks, as it will be a higher quality unit, but that's just my opinion)

Take the VCR and hook it into the DVD Recorder as an input. Instructions provided in the manual will tell you how to operate the unit, but it's almost always very simple to do.

You'll need blank media (DVD-R or DVD+R, usually) but you can find those at almost any electronics store as well - just ask the clerk to direct you to them.

HOWEVER, If this old tape is a commercial production - a real film - then it may employ an anti-copying protection known as Macrovision. This was a 1980s technology that, when you attempted to copy the tape, it would distort the picture...make it of significantly lower quality.

This is why when, back in the day, you'd rent a tape from the video store, and when you'd try and (illegally ;-) ) copy it, it would never be nearly as good as the original.

Many modern DVD Recorders, when they recognize the presence of Macrovision on a tape, will simply *refuse* to copy it at all.

EDIT: I also noticed at Costco, just the other day, a DVD Recorder/VHS Player that had *one touch* operation in this manner - like, a 'Copy to DVD' button, right on the front. I didn't get to try it out, but I'm guessing since it was a Sony deck, it would be simple to operate and of pretty high quality.

What kind of DVD/VHS player should I use that will work for an old tv?




Suz


I have an old tv (Mitsubishi ck-2584). What kind of DVD/VHS player should I use that will work for this tv?


Answer
More important is check what type of input plug your TV has, so when you choose your player (dvd or vhs ) you just plug it, no adopter needed. Usually they have composite (RCS) plugs. its 3 circular plug ( color coded with yellow, red and white ). With this you can almost use any video equipment with it.

Good Luck !!




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment