Tuesday, August 20, 2013

What kind of cable or adapter do I need for my daughters tv?

best buy dvd player vcr on Crazy for Cinema | Actor Info | Tim Robbins
best buy dvd player vcr image



mazey1967


My daughters tv is an older one, and the only place to connect a dvd or vcr is odd shaped. It's round, but instead of having one tiny hole to put the cable into, it has a couple of small prongs inside the round part....if this is making any sense to anyone, or they know what I'm talking about...I need to know if there is an adapter or something that I can buy so I can hook up a dvd player, vcr, or cable to her tv.


Answer
It sounds like the TV has an S-Video connector. To be honest, I've never heard of a TV that has only that kind of connector.

What you need is an RF Modulator. This will take the AUDIO and VIDEO outputs from the DVD player and convert them to CH. 3 or CH 4 with a Coaxial RF output. You can use this RF output to connect to the TV.

You might lose one channel of audio doing this, as most DVD players have three "RCA"-type outputs: Video (yellow) Audio Right (red) and Audio Left (white). Most RF modulators have only a single Video and Audio input (although you may find one that has all three).

Check in Radio Shack, Circuit City, or even WalMart. They have these at prices anywhere from $15 to $45. You don't need one with more than one "source" set of inputs, so don't go for the most expensive one unless you see some need for it in the future.

If I buy a DVD player in the US will it work in the Philippines?




HarryO


I want to ship a dvd player as a surprise and if I buy it here on the states, will it work there? I know with vcr's some players wouldn't work in Europe or Asia.


Answer
Buy a Region Free DVD Player.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment