Saturday, October 5, 2013

How can I play my DVD player through my computer?

best dvd player for computer on Samsung DVD-HD870 Review | DVD Players and Recorders | CNET UK
best dvd player for computer image






I would like to hook my DVD player to my computer because my CD/DVD rom drive is broken. How can I do this, and will my computer recognize the DVD player as a drive?


Answer
You would need a TV Tuner card to be able to do that.

If your DVD player has composite output, then you should look for a TV Tuner card with composite input.

Then again, replacing the DVD drive would probably be less expensive than buying a TV Tuner card, so buying a new DVD drive is probably the better choice.

Is it possible to use a DVD player with a Computer Monitor?




iKING


I want to use a dvd player with a computer monitor.


Answer
Yes, but you more than likely will need an adapter, as most DVD players I've seen only have composite (yellow AV), S-video, and component outputs, and most monitors only have VGA, DVI, or HDMI inputs. Although I have seen some monitors with composite inputs.
You may need one of these: http://www.google.com/products/catalog?client=firefox-a&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&channel=s&hl=en&q=vga+to+s-video&um=1&ie=UTF-8&cid=15223743978350771745&ei=oBrZSeupHpestgf73KnhDw&sa=X&oi=product_catalog_result&resnum=1&ct=result#ps-sellers
And a set of speakers of course.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment