Wednesday, October 2, 2013

How do I record onto a VHS?

best dvd vhs player combo on Sony Slv D560P DVD VHS Combo Player VCR | eBay
best dvd vhs player combo image



Sarah


I am trying to record from my television onto a VHS tape. I have one of those dvd/vhs combo player things.
I have tried to experiment with all kinds of channels and settings, but everytime I try to play back what I've "recorded", it just plays that black and white fuzzy screen.
I currently have my vhs/dvd player hooked up directly to the television, not the cable box. And I'm using a coax cord, I think it's called.
What am I doing wrong?



Answer
ok, you are getting no picture. that is a real oddity because almost all modern video displays substitute a blue picture when there is no video, called "video muting". so i am thinking you have something broken, take it to a service shop.

How do I find out if my VCR player will play PAL format tapes?




tricksy_ma


I have a Magnavox MWR20V6 dvd/vhs combo and also an RCA VR355, I wanted to get a movie off Ebay, but it is ONLY available in PAL format.


Answer
You don't say what country you are in. If you are in the United States, then your VCR will most likely NOT play a video in PAL format. PAL format is used in areas such as South America, Asia, and Australia. The format is not compatible with US television. In the US we use the NTSC standard (and now ATSC for hi-def).




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment