Tuesday, January 21, 2014

Ubuntu Natty 11.04 messed me up bad. To anyone that can help me, I would forever be in your debt?

best dvd player ubuntu 11.04 on Split Files On Ubuntu With GNOME Split
best dvd player ubuntu 11.04 image



james


I upgraded from 10.04 of Ubuntu and it messed everything up. Compiz is bad - no cube, or any of the effects that go with it aside from spin (Just spins between two desktops). Most of the effects that made me proud of my computer are gone. I don't like the side-panel thing. Title bar is gone (can't drag a window). My theme is horrible. Commands people suggest rarely do what they tell me they'll do. I know very little about computers. Almost nothing. I tried to install and older version after backing up my most important files, but Unity doesn't seem to want to detect the disc (downloaded .iso). I even tried to install Debian to see if it would read that disc and than the Ubuntu disc. Same for windows, to no avail. Doesn't read installation discs. My optic drive is otherwise fine, it seems. I burn dvd's all the time. I would be in tears right now if I was the type to dissolve over stuff like that. I am unbelievably depressed about it though. I don't even know what information is useful to people trying to help other than this:
Dual-Core athalon, 64 bit, HP, originally installed was Windows Vista, NVIDIA graphics card.
Is there any way to install an older version of Ubuntu off the internet. I've researched those words over and over. I even tried as many variations of the question I could think of. Maybe I looked in the wrong places? I have a 1 Gig mp3 player, and a nokia with 8 gig. Is it possible to install from one of those? I am deeply in love with Ubuntu. I'm sure not everyone shares my opinion, and I don't blame them. Ubuntu fits like a glove for me. I curse Natty until i can figure something out. Why release if it wasn't ready? I would even install windows again temporarily in order to reinstall Ubuntu 10.04. (crazy, right?) :( So happy two days ago when i upgraded to 10.10. More of my compiz effects worked. Upgraded to natty yesterday, and now all i get is water effect, negative, magnifier, desktop spin. No cube, no sphere, no pop-out windows when spinning, no writing with fire. PLEASE HELP!!!
Does either the nokia or the mp3 work as a flash drive. (probably a dumb question)
Thnx Freakbox. Neither of the media players were recognized by Universal USB, but I think it will help when I quit being a stinge and go buy the stick. Thnx again for Uni USB Inst. Quick answer too! :)
ooh, and Zorin looks pretty sweet and easy, too. nice tip. You're cool.
To P.S.: Will do. After I install the 10.04 of Ubuntu. If Ubuntu works I'm going to test Zorin for me and my bro. Gnome for me. He's the timid windows user.



Answer
You can instal linux from a USB stick, otherwise known as your handy dandy Thumb Drive!

http://www.pendrivelinux.com/

You need to find a working computer, plug in a thumb drive, and read the easy instructions on that site- you can pick the operating system you want or download your own, and then you can boot it off the thumb drive and instal it.

You might like Zorin. Zorin OS is very easy, and so is Mint.

http://www.linuxmint.com/

http://www.zorin-os.webs.com/

PS: Don't forget that you may need to search for drivers for your hardware! Ubuntu didn't come with some of mine, when I used it years and years ago!

suggest live cd linux?




mandylaz


Hi all, my need is to find live cd linux with following criteria:

- flash player available
- torrent client
- cd/dvd writer software
- multi-languages

Please suggest me something.
I've got knoppix 5.1.1.0, but it doesn't match all I need.

Thanks ahead.



Answer
Linux Mint 11 is really nice and it comes with the tools to read encrypted dvds already installed ,, or use Ubuntu 11.04 , then use this link to get some more neat stuff with Ubuntu
http://www.omgubuntu.co.uk/2011/04/10-things-to-do-after-installing-ubuntu-11-04/
I am about to install Ubuntu in a few minutes on a second drive in the computer !




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment