Wednesday, January 22, 2014

What is the best cheapest HD DVD player out? And where do I get it?

best hd dvd players on ... with HD-DVD players, TiVo systems, HT PCs, and satellite set top boxes
best hd dvd players image



maris325


I am looking for an HD DVD player that is a good quality but isn't too expensive. Thanks!


Answer
Just get a decent brand Samsung products are good and cheaper then the big names like Sony Just make sure you get a service plan from where ever you buy so if the thing does die on you in a year or two you can take it back and have it replaced/repaired

What equipment do I need to use with an HD DVD player to get the proper sound?




Corey


Ok, I am a big home theater buff, and just finally getting into the HD players. I am ready to buy an HD player but am so confused on how the audio works. To get the dolby digital plus of dolby tru, does the audio need to be played through the HDMI cord and into the AV reciever? Heres my setup: 7.1 Surround, 50 inch plasma with 1 HDMI input, and Pioneer THX reciever ( but with NO HDMI input) So my question is, If i buy an HD DVD player, and just run the HDMI cable from the dvd player to the tv ( since my reciever doesnt have an HDMI input), will I only get the HD pic, and not the awesome sound features like DD+? Basically, can I get the great sound HD DVD players have to offer by running an optical cable to my reciever, or does that sound only come through the HDMI? So confused :) Thank you!
Also one more thing to add: can someone please clarify the Dolby Digital plus / DTS HD. If I am not capable of running the audio thrgouh HDMI, which it doesnt sound like i wil be seeing my reciever doesnt have it, will the dvd player try and decode the DD+ if I use a simple optical cable? Would this sound still be better than a standard DVD, or am I wasting my money buying an HD DVD player when my reciever has no HDMI input? Thank you!



Answer
you are still going to get better sound, but it will not be 100%

but it is still going to be HD sound thru the optical, it is going to sound like DVD-A or SACD, or like the HD sound from your TV




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment