Friday, May 23, 2014

I just got a blu ray dvd player for my hdtv, I've been using a dvd/vcr combo to connect to the cable ?




Erica B


I would change channels through the vcr. How do I set up my new blu ray dvd player to get cable?


Answer
If you're using the DVD/VCR to change channels, leave it connected to your TV. Instead, connect the blu-ray player to your HDTV with a HDMI cable. You want to use a HDMI cable because it's the only way to get the full HD quality picture out of your blu-ray player.

The blu-ray player does not have a TV tuner in it, so it can't be used with your cable service at all.

If your TV doesn't have enough HDMI ports, you can either swap your DVD/VCR to using component video cables, or get a HDMI switch.

Using component video for the DVD/VCR is OK even for HDTV because most channels are in 720p, which is handled fine by component video cables. However, blu-ray movies are in 1080p, which can only be carried by a HDMI cable.

How do I connect a dvd player to a TV/VCR combo?




Rapier Gir


Okay, here is what I have. I'm trying to set this up for the guest room! I have a Toshiba TV/VCR combo that I was given. I also have a cheap (very small, very basic) DVD player. How do I connect them? I am not trying to connect to an antenna or cable. It will JUST be for videos and DVDs.

I have a cable that has a white, yellow, and red connector on both ends. The DVD player has a place where all of these can be connected. However, the TV only has a yellow and a white slot to be plugged into! I don't know much about home electronics so answers need to be geared toward a beginner! Thank you!
Hi Country. Thank you for your answer. I had already tried what you said but it didn't work. Suggestions as to why? Is there any need for a coaxial cable or something I might be missing? Settings, a particular channel I should be on (I tried 3)? Thank you!
Actually I did exactly what Country said! He said if I wanted both left and right to go get the adapter. That part I did not do. ALso, did not know the part about setting it the way you suggested with the remote, which is aproblem because the TV does not have a remote. So I'm going to head to Walmart and buy a Universal.



Answer
The yellow is video and since the TV is probably mono, it only has one audio connection (the white one).
Using your cable, connect yellow from the DVD player to the yellow on the TV, then connect the white from the DVD player to the white on the TV.
If you want to get both Left and Right audio channels, then head over to Radio Shack and purchase an RCA "Y adapter" so you can connect both your red and white cables to the single white connector on the TV. Just bring your cable with you and the salesperson can show you what you need - less than $5.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment