Sunday, May 18, 2014

Can i connect my dvd player to my pc?




?


can i connect my dvd player to my pc?
my dvd drive is not working nd i have to transfer a file from a dvd to computer...
what do i do?
can i connect dvd player to computer using usb cable as both my computer nd dvd player have slots?



Answer
No.

DVD players for home theaters are NOT data devices. Find a friend with a working DVD drive in their computer and bring a USB Flash drive. Have him copy the files to the USB flash drive, then use this on your PC.

how do i make my dvd player work on my pc?




joe h


i have been given a used emprex dvd dual double layer for my pc. i can play cd's, and play pre -recorded films. but when i put a blank dvd in nothing happens. my blank is a maxell dvd+rw. and on the front of the dvd player it says dv +rw. why does nothing happen. joe


Answer
You may have multiple problems.

First, any device connected to a Windows PC needs to have a "device driver" to go with it. The driver acts as an interpreter between Windows and the device, so they can communicate properly. Windows XP & Vista have many device drivers built into them, and might or might not have one for your Emprex drive.

Windows might recognize it as a generic CD-ROM or DVD-ROM drive, which would explain why you can play CDs and DVDs. Unless it has the specific driver for that particular drive, Windows might not treat it as a recording drive.

Next, you need software that is intended to burn recordable CDs and or DVDs. That may or may not be included with your computer. Roxio, Sonic, and others publish such software.

So you need the combination of all three items: The drive, the device driver, and suitable software to take advantage of it.

Good luck!




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment