Wednesday, August 14, 2013

If I buy a multi-region DVD player in Australia can I watch region 1 DVDs on it?

best buy dvd players canada on best sellers the new york times best sellers children s books ...
best buy dvd players canada image



Crazy Cupc


Australia is region 4, USA and Canada are region 1, I want to buy some TV series on DVD which are 10x cheaper in region 1 format, if I spend $30 on a multi-region DVD player will I be able to watch region 1 DVDs on it? I assume it should work since it's called a multi-region DVD player but I can totally imagine that after I buy one I'll find out it doesn't bloody work or something.


Answer
More than likely such a player will ignore region altogether, and convert the video format on the disc to your TV format.

The only real issue is getting US based DVD vendors to ship to Australia at all.

good dvd player that plays dvds from different regions?




LonelyBast


I'm looking for a dvd players that plays dvds from other regions (0, 2, 4, etc) I live in America (Reg 1) and have always wanted to get a player that does that but don't know what a good brand is or how easy one can be bought. Thanks.


Answer
You cannot openly buy them, or more accurately, other than Region 1 only players cannot be openly sold in The USA/Canada.

Many low end "import" players are easily hackable, or may be region free even. Those can usually be easily bought at discount electronics and department stores.

There is no such thing as Region 0, BTW.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment