Wednesday, September 25, 2013

how to tell if a harddrive FAT or mac OS format?

best dvd player ubuntu on Ratchet and Clank Everyday Shooter
best dvd player ubuntu image



Simply_kri


Hi,
Am planning to hook up my 80gb harddrive to an uupconverting DVD player.Specs say it takes only FAT systems.I am mac user and i have used this drive with both mac and PC.will the dvd player recognize my drive?

Thank you all in advance.



Answer
Or, you can use software to reformat the HD into FAT system. I know when you install Ubuntu Linux there is an option to format your partition to FAT.

What software package is there to allow DVD movie playback in Ubuntu?




joe f


How can I play regular off the shelf DVD movies in Ubuntu? Ubuntu's movie player won't playback regular movie DVDs. It comes back with an error msg stating "Error: Cannot read source". I think this is because the movie DVD is encrypted. Surely there must be some software out there that will permit me to take my Blockbuster movie - as an example - and play it back perfectly on my Linux machine. Help!


Answer
VLC MEDIA PLAYER it is highly compatible
here is the instruction to download the software and oh~! it free!

Applications -> Ubuntu Software Centre or Applications -> Add/Remove Appications. Search for "VLC Media Player" and download the program with the orange cone icon. If you don't see an orange cone, the icon might be a cardboard box with all kinds of stuff sticking out of it. In that case, look at the discriptions. Install VLC and then use it to play your movie or DVD.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment