Thursday, September 26, 2013

Help with connecting a dvd player to an older tv and dvr?

best dvd player kids on best sellers the new york times best sellers children s books ...
best dvd player kids image



Lisa


I have an older tv with a dvr from comcast. I want to attach a dvd player so that my kids can watch movies. I can't seem to get it to work. When I attach the dvd player to the tv with an s cable I still hear sound from the cable and not from the dvd. Any ideas?


Answer
It sounds like you're using what is essentially a shared input. If you look at the back of your TV, is there only one set of inputs? That would be yellow, red, and white RCA-type inputs along side an S-video input. If so, that set is designed to use either the composite input or the S-video, not both.

The red input is right audio, white is left audio, yellow is composite video. S-video is a somewhat better video connection method than composite video, and does not carry audio at all.

If you have more than one set of inputs, use different inputs for the DVD player and DVR. For example, DVD on input 1, DVR on input 2. If there is only one set, you have a couple of options - You can connect the DVR to the TV with coaxial cable and connect the DVD player to the S-video (don't forget to connect the DVD player audio outputs to the TV's inputs). Or, you could get a Video Switch and connect both the DVD and DVR to the switch and connect the switch to the TV.

An example of a switch: http://www.amazon.com/RCA-VH911-Video-Switch-Box/dp/B00008X5DE

Converting windows movie maker so i can play it in my dvd player?




BBguy


I have been messing around with the windows movie maker on my computer.I have made one with pictures and music of the kids.I have saved it to the computer but how do I convert it over to a cd that I can play on my dvd player so the kids can watch it on the tv?


Answer
I think you need this http://download.cnet.com/E-M-Total-Video-Converter-Command-Line/3000-18515_4-10906888.html Its a program that lets you convert Avi to DvD, or anything really. To take the watermark off, you need a registration code. Heres the code http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0zUC9H6ulro
Then, you need to intall it.
Click on the window
select "import media files"
import the video you want
got to "convert & burn" tab
select Dvd video
When its done, burn it to a dvd
there it is




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment