Saturday, May 17, 2014

DVD writer/player?




Traveler


I installed a DVD writer/player in my computer but it will not play DVDs. I was told I needed codecs so I downloaded but it expired. Is there a free one out there that I can use?


Answer
I personally wouldn't waste my time with codecs.

I recommend using VLC media player (it can play anything). Best part is it's free and completely free of spyware. It is also the most popular player out there.

VLC media player is a highly portable multimedia player for various audio and video formats (MPEG-1, MPEG-2, MPEG-4, DivX, mp3, ogg, ...) as well as DVDs, VCDs, and various streaming protocols.

If you also want free codecs, the K-Lite Codec Pack should be able to play 99% of all the movies that you download from the internet.

How can I stream through my Samsung DVD player?




rob


Hello all. I have my Wii connected to my DVD player through the IN yellow/white/red ports. I have another set of yellow/white/red cables going to my TV from the OUT ports. My capturing device (Easy Cap) is hooked up to the S-video OUT of the DVD player. The problem is I am unable to detect a signal from my capturing device and my game won't show up on the TV. However, when I set the DVD player to VCR mode, the game appears on the TV but am still unable to detect a signal from my capturing device. Can anyone shed some light on my situation? Thank you in advance.


Answer
You should remove your dvd player from the equation since you are only using it to try to spit the signal. Just use an rca splitter, all you need to do is spit the signal coming from the wii to go to your tv and capture device. There are cheap products available to do this, just ask at an electronics store like radio shack and they will be able to help you find what you need. This is a common thing that people ask for.

I also believe there are signal spitting units/boxes that amplify the spit signal, this is what they use at electronic stores to have the same video on every tv.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment