Wednesday, December 18, 2013

Can I connect a Roku to my old TV through my old DVD player?

best dvd player streaming netflix on Top ISPs That Provide the Fastest Netflix Experience | WhiteFence ...
best dvd player streaming netflix image



Touscents


This is mainly for Netflix streaming. I am not tech-savie. The TV is not in the same room as the computer, but I am thinking my wireless router means that I do not have to physically connect the Roku to the router. Would a Blue Ray DVD player that can stream Netflix be a better choice for me than a Roku?


Answer
The roku box does a lot more than you think so check them out before you buy. http://www.roku.com
A blu ray that connects to the internet will give you Netflix and maybe 3 other apps. Look at what you get before you buy. Each brand gives you some different apps. However, you will be able to play your old dvds in the blu ray and have a better picture.
One thing of caution, in order to go wireless, some blu rays require a wireless lan adapter that can add $70 to the cost. Sony has a built in antenna.
Also, your speed is crucial to getting good results with Netflix. The higher the better but it has to be above 2 mbps. The further your modem is away from the blu ray the more your wireless signal can drop and it's subject to interference from cell phones, cordless phones and any wireless device.

Do Netflix movies lose their quality when streamed from the computer to the TV (by cord)?




yecalrae


I have a blu ray dvd player that does not stream Netflix unfortunately, so I am looking for another solution rather than just going out to buy another bluray disc player. The AT&T installation tech mentioned that I could buy a cord from the Apple store and connect it from my 27" iMac to my HDTV. Will the quality be the same? Will it be full HD? Thanks.


Answer
Computer is more intelligent & powerful than Blu-ray with streaming facility. Only thing is it should have HDMI Port. Then get HDMI cable and see everything on your HD TV with HD quality if your video is in HD.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment