Wednesday, December 18, 2013

Why does my Samsung LCD TV screen have a blue tone when I connect peripherals using component cables?

best dvd player for lcd tv on ... tv with built in dvd player 300x222 Logik L19DVDB19 19 HD Ready LCD TV
best dvd player for lcd tv image



bluedecept


I have a 19-inch Samsung flat-screen LCD TV. When I connect peripherals (DVD player, XBox 360, etc.) through the component ports, everything has a blue-ish tone to it. I know it's not the component cables themselves because I've tried 3 different sets of component cables and they all have the same blue tone result. So I'm guessing there's something wrong with the TV itself. If I connect things through other ports (S-Video, Composite, DVI, etc.), everything is fine. Could I possibly have changed a setting on my TV by mistake to make everything blue when connecting things through the component ports? Or is this just an issue with the TV itself? Thanks in advance for the help.


Answer
Sometimes a Samsung LCD can push blue if you have your color settings on "Cool" - and for that matter, ALL TV's have a color push out of the box.

If you want to reduce the blue push, try changing from "Cool" to "Warm" in your picture settings.

Also, check to see if you're receiving blue as a result of your component settings not receiving a "red" or "green" picture. Sometimes it takes a moment to notice, but blue will be pushed because red or green aren't transmitting from your source content (DVD player, or whatever) to your TV.

If that doesn't help, try calling Samsung's toll free phone number - 800-SAMSUNG during M-F normal business hours. That number connects you to one of the three offices in the United States, which is cool that you aren't being rerouted to India.

Good luck to you!

Will the use of component video cables increase the picture quality from my DVD player to my new HDTV?




jaycrazy


I just recently purchased a 32" 720p LCD TV. The DVD quality isn't as sharp as I expected it to be. I'm not yet ready to upgrade to Blu-ray. I'm currently using the composite cables (red, white, yellow). I noticed that my DVD player has component video output and my TV obviously has a component input. I understand the audio will be separate from this.

Will using component video cables noticeably improve the DVD image quality?



Answer
Yes, component cables will definitely improve.
Try also Progressive video out.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment