Thursday, June 5, 2014

Burned DVD, no sound?




Jaz Lewis


Ok, I have Windows 7 on my HP Compaq 8510p. I'm trying to burn a DVD using the Windows DVD Maker program. I've wasted about 4 DVD disks so far trying to burn a movie, the picture is PERFECT, but no sound? The menu sound is working though? Now, I have already have the K-Lite Mega Codec Pack & the DivX Codec Pack along with the DivX Converter. I've already checked my sound settings in the Device Manager and properties. I've tried everything, so what exactly am I doing wrong? I've even tried using the Windows Media Centre program to burn my movie DVD, but still, no sound. I've tried it on our Blu-Ray player, DVD player and also tried playback on my laptop. What steps should I try next?
Also, my movie file is an AVI. format file.



Answer
Windows DVD Maker program requires external codecs, and I never used it.
Why not to try the software I use called "ConvertXtoDVD".
It will convert avi videos to DVD format and burn directly to DVD.
http://www.i-burner.com/convertxtodvd.php
All you need to do, is to drag and drop your videos to the program. Click convert then after it finishes it will burn directly to DVD disc.
You can also check this tutorial:
http://www.i-burner.com/convertxtodvd-manual.php

Is there any region free player software for me to play on windows 7?




Charlse


When I try to play my DVD, the system always inform me to set a region code, sometimes it still suck to play DVD player software. What about another one


Answer
All the above is good advice - there are other choices too - plus you can get a small free app to do it in windows media player. (Major Geeks may have it)
Try AfterDawn.com, Ask Leo, Gizmo's, or Widows Club for sage advice.

There are also free codec packs which may/may not help you (Klite is biggest, but not the only one)

My windows 7 media player never asks me to set a region code. Sorry, I can't remember how/if I actually tweaked it.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment