Thursday, June 19, 2014

I kow region 3 DVDs won't play in my DVD player but will they play on my computer?

Q. I'm really into asian movies and theres some that I really want but there for region 3 and not region 1.
Will they play on my computer or would I have to buy a special DVD player?

PLEASE HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
&
THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
In my question it says "kow"
I meant know.
Sorry, it was a typo.


Answer
You can change the region on the DVD player in your computer. Usually, it can be changed about 5 times, then you can't change it anymore and you have to settle for the region it's on. If you're really into the region 3 DVD's it might be worth buying a second player for your computer and setting it on region 3 and leaving it. The players aren't that expensive anymore.
But you can also change the region of a lot of regular DVD players. See the links below for information on that. There doesn't seem to be a limit on the number of times you can change on a regulare DVD player, but I'm not positive about that.
You can also buy a multi-region DVD player and not worry about what region a DVD is for. Just do a search for region free DVD players or something similar.

Where can I download a DVD player for my computer for free?




Green Emot


Also could I get a specific one that seems pretty good, and give me the link of that? For some reason I can't use any of the players that came with my computer, including Dell Media Experience, Windows Media Player, or Real Player. When the title page of the DVD comes up and I hit play, it just restarts to the beginning. Any ideas about why this is happening?

Thanks to those of you who've helped and happy new year! ^_^
Could you also give me the link on where to find these?... :)
Also I need a good DVD player that's free.



Answer
I had a friend who had bought a dell and had paid for a dvd rom,
but only a cd-rom had been installed.

Right click on "my computer" then select "properties",
then select "hardware", click on "device manager"
find the dvd drive in question under "dvd/cd-rom drives"
if it lists only a cd rom drive, thats the problem, if there is an exclamation point next to the device there is a problem and it is not working correctly or may have a conflict or you may need to install a new driver.

If it is the driver you can get a new one off the install cd or online.

Hope this helps.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment