Friday, June 13, 2014

Windows 7/Asus DVD player problem?

Q. My laptop won't play DVD's. It says there is a driver problem: A driver (service) for this device has been disabled. An alternate driver may be providing this functionality. (Code 32)
What do I do to fix this?


Answer
If you canât find the right Asus drivers manually I would recommend just getting a software program that can do it for you. There is a program I use which will find drivers for just about all hardware devices. The best part is it takes a snapshot of your system specifications and matches the right driver to go with it. Perform a free driver scan at:
http://www.drivers-updates.net/company/asus-drivers.html
Also, you can get the driver from their official sites:
http://www.asus.com/

Best free comprehensive burning software for DVD-RW drive?




Cassini Co


I would like suggestions for DVD burning software, these are my priorities:
1) freeware, 100% compatibility with Windows 7
2) burn video files (in the correct format, of course) to DVD so they can be played on standard DVD players
3) create perfect DVD backups from disc images (backups that can bypass copy protection)
4) burn audio CDs and file CDs.
5) fast software clear of malware, spyware, adware, or any other modules that attempt to run on system startup
6) ability to create perfect disc images (like Alcohol 120%) would be a nice bonus, but I don't expect it for free
7) functionality over user-friendliness, I've got enough technical experience to figure out the software, the more powerful the better.

I will review and test all suggestions, only the best software will get my vote for best answer. Please don't post duplicate suggestions, just vote for one you think is best. Thanks in advance for all answers!



Answer
I don't know of one piece of software that will do all of those, but I do know of two that, when used in conjunction with each other, will:
- ImgBurn ( http://imgburn.com/ ) will cover points 2, 4, and 6.
- DVDFab HD Decrypter ( http://dvdfab.com/free.htm ) will cover 3.
- Both cover points 1, 5, and 7 (to some degree). DVDFab HD Decrypter focuses a little more on user-friendliness, but all the features you should need for straight ripping are there.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment