Friday, June 13, 2014

Is it worth repairing DVD portable player?




la_nena_co


I have a portable DVD player the read bad disk. I used different kinds of dvd and still the same problem. My question is it worth repairing or just get a new one? Or where is a place that doesn't charge as much?


Answer
Considering portable players are selling well under $100 now, I would think the old one is probably not worth repairing.

DVD player with coaxial (cable) input and HDMI out?




rdrunner19


I'm looking for a DVD player that will accept a coaxial input, and will recognize channels and allow me to watch tv and flip between channels through the player. It also needs to have either a HDMI, DVI-D, or VGA output so I can watch TV on my computer monitor. Any suggestions? I cant seem to find one. As cheap as possible too, under $100 preferably.
Not quite sure why old VCRs had this feature and DVD players do not. I don't need HD, my school still has analog cable.



Answer
>DVD player with coaxial (cable) input and HDMI out?

You would need a DVD recorder with built in tuner and HD up conversion. See first link for example.

But for a little more money ($200) you can buy a DVR/DVD recorder with built in tuner and up conversion. See second link.

>under $100 preferably.

Not new you won't.

>Not quite sure why old VCRs had this feature and DVD players do not.

Tuners are only built into (some) recording devices. They were never built into VCPs (Video Cassette Players) or DVD players.

VCR = Video Cassette Recorder




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment