Thursday, June 12, 2014

how to play a copyright protected dvd player on my computer?




Say Wat?


well this might seem like a dumb question but the thing is, when I put in the CD on my computer, and click on My Computer, the CD wont show up. I tried using quick time to search for the CD but i couldn't find it. I also already tried how to find a way to make my computer a genuine Microsoft software to play the CD in windows media player but I gave up because there are other media players available. & i decided to go with DviX but i still cant find the file to play the dvd


Answer
There should not be any problem with playing a copyrighted DVD in any computer CD player. If you are having that much of a problem with one certain DVD, there must be a boot defect in it, if that is the technical term.

That's not an uncommon problem, I bought a software DVD that didn't load last week. It was bad.

Can Computer DVD players detect the different DVD regions?




jb


Or can they be played on the computer no matter what Region they are? (Region 1, region 2 etc.)


Answer
DVD players on computers have the option to change the region code, but you are only allowed to change the region code 4 times, after that the system would have to be reformatted and reloaded in order to get 4 more changes.

You can view the current region code by

1. Goto Start
2. Right click My Computer
3. Select Properties
4. Select Hardware Tab
5. Select the Device Manager button
6. Select the plus next to DVD/CD rom drives.
7. Right click the DVD drive that you use to play DVDs
8. Select DVD Region, there you can see current and change the current region. It will also tell you how many changes are left.

Good luck!




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment