Saturday, February 8, 2014

Need a DVD Player - simple and reliable. Any recommendations?




Independen


I live in Toronto, Canada and need it for my 2.5 yrs old daughter. Any good brand for less than $50. again just a DVD player no addition features needed. THANKS.


Answer
Please don't go for DVD player. Buy a DivX player. Cost is nearly the same and DivX can play many types of video.

Buy philips, philips is a good brand.

http://www.shopping.com/xCC-divx_player--price_range_0_80

Would a DVD bought in Canada work in my player?




mtgcnv67


I saw a show I really liked on SoapNet a few years back called Being Erica, but we stopped getting the network on our cable last year. I've looked it up and it's still going, and I'd like to buy the DVDs to keep up with the show since we don't have the network anymore, but it isn't sold here in the U.S.

Wikipedia says it's been released in Canada, and labels Canada as region 1 (which is ours too...right?). But I'm still a little hesitant on paying the money for it only to find out it doesn't work.

I bought a music CD at a Canadian airport back in 2000, and it worked; will the DVDs work too? (Ah...if only we had a multi-regional DVD player!)



Answer
Yes Canadian and USA dvds are the same. No problemo.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment