Tuesday, May 6, 2014

how to hook up a dvd player on westinghouse lcd tv?




Joan L.





Answer
This will depend on the player you have and what it provides for video and audio output. More than likely it will have a component video output, which is color coded in Red, Green and Blue, some new model provide you with HDMI. For audio an optical audio port or an rca jack color coded in Red and White. You match that with your tv input. I you use HDMI, this will handle the video and audio. If component cable then you need to use the optical for the audio for surround sound. The Red and White rca jack is only for stereo sound. You tv and DVD owners manual will provide you with the proper instructions. Hope this will help you out.

Do you need an HDMI cable to connect a DVD player to an LCD TV?




Sam Darren


I'm getting ready to buy a 37" LCD HDTV. But I just thought about my combo DVD/VCR player that I have at home. It's just a DVD/VCR player, not an HD-DVD player. Can I just connect it to the LCD TV with the normal cables and watch it. Or would I need a special cable such as a HDMI cable? I'm thinking that since the DVD player is digital, I should just be able to hook the darn thing up to the new LCD-HDTV.


Answer
Just make sure it has the input type that matches the output from your DVD player - component is usually the best option if your player outputs it.
You only need the HDMI cable for HD level of input to the tv, such as from an HD cable/satellite box or an HDDVD/BluRay dvd player or a DVD player that upconverts to HD.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment