Friday, May 30, 2014

ON THE GO DVD PLAYERS FOR TODDLERS?




rican shaw


I HEARD ABOUT VIDEO NOW, BUT IT ONLY PLAYS TV SHOWS. DO YOU KNOW OF ANY PORTABLE DVD PLAYERS ON THE GO FOR TODDLERS! MY SON ALWAYS GETS BORED AND I WOULD LOVE FOR HIM TO BE ENTERTAINED WITH MOVIES!


Answer
Fisher Price makes a Kid-Tough portable DVD player that retails at Walmart for $129.00 which is said to withstand a fairly good beating.

And I know this next part is completely unsolicited and might earn me some displeasure from my fellow posters, however I feel compelled to say it; the American Academy of Pediatrics recommends that your child watches no more than 1-2 hours of quality programming a day. Instead of the DVD player, perhaps purchase some CDs for car rides that you can sing along with or have a small selection of books that are for car rides only. My kids do both and this allows us to interact more in the car and has helped them to learn how to sing their ABC's as well as count to 20 in English, Spanish and German by age 2 1/2. TV in small doses is fine, but we shouldn't rely on it to entertain our children. If they have to be entertained at such a young age by television what will they be like when they are teenagers?

Portable dvd player for vacation with a toddler?




Brinker178


I will be traveling with a toddler on a long trip and am shopping for a portable dvd player. Are there any recommendations on models, brands and features that work best for traveling with small children? I.E. remote controls, swivel screens, etc.


Answer
I would just buy the cheapest one you can find. I bought the cheapest, I have had two. My sister bought a very expensive panasonic and it was broken before my $39 Walmart special! If a toddler is using it, it is goign to get dropped, stepped on etc, so it isn't worth going all out! Traveling with a dvd player is great! I even used one when I was shopping in the stroller. A tip is to keep dvd's that will go on your trip away from your child for a while, so that they are "new" on the trip and your child doesn't get bored of them. I kept certain dvd's with the portable player and didn't let my son watch them in the house.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment