Saturday, April 12, 2014

Help with DVD Player/Recorder !!?




D O I N K


I am looking for a DVD device that has two drives so that I can copy DVD's to one another, and also, can hook up to my VCR via a plug that I don't know of, and be able to transfer my VHS's too. Any help with what i'm looking for or a great model exactly would be awesome.


Answer
You will be much better off using a computer for DVD and VHS copying. If you don't have a DVD+R drive, get one. If you're not particularly tech-savy and don't think you can handle installing a new drive in your system - or if you only have a laptop - get an external drive. http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16827151178

Now, here's the first problem: the Digital Millenium Copyright Act made it illegal to break the encryption of commercial DVDs. That means you cannot buy legal software that will copy a commercial DVD. However, it's generally accepted that it's perfectly legal under free use doctrine to make a backup of media you've purchased. So what I'm presenting here is a way to back up your DVDs and VHS movies without breaking the law.

You need to buy the Video and Audio Capture Device from ADS Tech. http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16815255011&nm_mc=OTC-Froogle&cm_mmc=OTC-Froogle-_-Video+Devices+++TV+Tuners-_-ADS+Technologies-_-15255011 The VACD has both an A/V in and an S-video input that you hook up your VCR or DVD player to, and a USB output that you connect to your computer. You then have the option of either ripping video to store as a file on your computer or burning the video straight onto a DVD.

Warning: this will take a long time. You will have to play every movie in its entirety to capture it onto a disc. That means it'll take you about two hours to back up your average movie, and backing up a decent-sized library of movies could take you weeks or months.

This is actually the fastest way to convert VHS to DVD, since you have to convert analog to digital. There are much, much faster ways to copy one DVD onto another (just copy the disc), but again, that breaks the law.

DVD recorder/players?




Gigi


Does anyone have any information on an LG DVD Recorder / Player?

I have enough points to get either a Panasonic DVD Recorder with VCR (no other info is available) or the LG Recordable DVD Player with progressive-scan DivX/4 MPEG4 playback, editing. ( I just copied down the facts from the description, I don't know anything about them. ) I want to transfer a bunch of old VHS tapes while theyâre still in pretty good shape.
Or, should I buy a different one altogether, and use the points for something else?
My TV is a 4-year old 27â Sony Wega.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Gigi



Answer
If you'd like to do any editing of your VHS tapes prior to transferring them to DVD, it would be helpful to get a machine with a built in hard drive with editing capabilities. I got a Sylvania V200F for the purpose of converting my old VHS tapes to DVD, and it's great, but I'm not sure it's being produced anymore.

I like it because I can copy a VHS tape to the hard drive, edit out anything I don't want to save, and then go from the hard drive to a DVD.

Good luck!




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment