Thursday, April 10, 2014

Pc DVD PLAYER NOT OPENING?

Q. I have a dvd in my PC. It was playing just fine a few minutes ago. Just now it won't open PLEASE HELP! What do I do? Please explain throughly! Thanks! :(
If I click the eject button on the DVD player the light turns green and starts making a noise. Like BBMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM. Then it turns off again. If I put the pin in nothing happens and if I go to computer and click eject from there it turns on and starts making nois and turns off again.
It's a HP DVD WRITER DVD630


Answer
On the DVD drive itself there should be a little hole, get a pin and poke it in the hole, this should activate the emergency release and your dvd drive drawer should pop open.

If not, go into 'my computer' and right click on the dvd drive, then click 'eject' to see if that works.

EDIT:
Try using the end of s straightened paper clip and applying more pressure, if it doesn't work with the computer on, try turning the computer off and doing it. It should open a little so that you can open it fully to remove the DVD, though when it closes again it may not open again when you try and open the drive the normal way.

If the disk is jammed or broken inside the drive, access may require the removal of the drive's outer case. If this is necessary, it is very likely that the drive will have to be replaced.

At the moment i am out of ideas, i will edit if i can think of another solution to try

My PC DVD player doesn't work...?




TyphoonZX


I have Windows Media player 10, but I cna't play DVDs in my computer...(I think it may have been connected to when I uninstalled Interactual DVD player) If it is, where can I get it again?


Answer
Many times, the DVD software is licensed with the hardware.
If the software is still installed but you removed the DVD player, and installed a different player, the software may not work.
If this is the case, reinstall the older DVD drive along with the newer DVD. If the software detects the old drive hardware in the system, the software should work.
You will have to set the master/slave jumpers properly to get two drives to work on the same cable. One must be set to master, and be at the end of the bus, the other must be set to slave.
If only one drive is in the system, set the jumper to CS cable select. If you get it wrong, the computer may not boot, but will not result in damage.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment