Wednesday, April 9, 2014

How can a make my dvd player region free?




Kimberly


i know there are ways to hack dvd players to make them play movies from all over the world.
i need to make my dvd player able to play region 2 dvds
my dvd play is:
Magnavox DP170MW8B



Answer
I found two pages that list region-free hacks for DVD players, but your model wasn't listed. I wouldn't be surprised if only specific brands and models can be hacked this way.

The best way to get a region-free player is to buy one that comes that way new. Even buying a player that is listed as hackable isn't a sure thing - since the fact that a player's region can be changed is normally not made public, the manufacturer could remove that capability from future units without having anyone complain about it (except people trying to hack!).

Region Free DVD player question.?




Kenny


What is the best region free DVD player (NOT blu gay) player for a Panasonic TV?


Answer
For DVD, I don't think it really matters anymore. My father in law has one from iView and has yet to find a disc it can't play. I think he got it at some random Chinese bookstore for $35 or so. You can find them online as well.

I had an OPPO brand player (they're made in the US!) but it died. Pity, because it was an excellent DVD player.

I replaced the OPPO with a region free blu-ray player from Orei for $150 or so. OPPO no longer makes region-free DVD players, and their region-free blu-ray player is still $500. (but it's really nice!)




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment