Saturday, April 12, 2014

Where can I download a DVD decoder for free that is compatible with the windows media player for windows xp?




Caitlyn


I need this plug-in to play my DVDs in my computer but I haven't got any money to buy the ones I've found so far.


Answer
Hi, your best bet is to get vlc media player which is very good with dvd's and even let you adjust the brightness. Vlc plays nearly any audio or video files there is. Your second alternative is to download a codec pack, combined community codec pack is a good one. If you need futher help add some additional details and I will try to help you further.

I trust combined community codec pack below more than k-lite. With "cccp" you can make windows media player play dvd's and be default for files or media player classic home cinema which comes with included. It is very easy to install and setup.

http://www.videolan.org/vlc/ (Official site of vlc media player by videolan. Not the prettiest interface with that big orange cone but this player does wonders for video and audio files. You can even adjust the brightness on dvd's with vlc.)

http://cccp-project.net/ (Official site of combined community codec pack. DO NOT ENABLE or checkmark haali media splitter support for avi files during setup, if you do haali will crash windows movie maker everytime for avi files.) This is a very good pack. It will play dvd's right after installing or you can set up ffdshow to play dvd's through mpeg2 libavcodec and and adjust dvd brightness through ffdshow video config.)

I hope this helps you out. If you need further help add additional details and I will do my best to help you further.

Does Windows XP (SP3) have a DVD-ROM player?




Amber K


I was trying to play a game (the Sims 2 Double Deluxe) and when I inserted it into the computer, nothing happened. I then realized that on the box it says that I need a DVD-ROM player. "My Computer" just says I have a CD-RW player. Is this just because my computer is a little too old?


Answer
XP SP3 is the last sevice pack for an Operating System , operating systems don't decide what hardware is attached? you can install the hardware, make sure the BIOS sees the device then install the drivers and software from the support cd/dvd? All you need to check is the specs required to run the opticla drive and your PC is above those specs?




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment