Friday, April 4, 2014

can you please tell me some car in-dash dvd players that play while driving?




C R


i dont know anything about car systems or car dvd player ... buying it for a christmas present - just want some generel knowledge on the item and what are some good brands? pioneer? alpine? thanks so much!


Answer
No car dvd players will come from the factory able to play while the car is in motion. There are ways to bypass that safety feature. I am a huge fan of Pioneer in general. I've never had an in dash dvd player but I have had the pioneer headunit i have now for five years and its still going strong. I don't know much about alpine. I think the Kenwood dvd players look cool. They are a bit more expensive though.

Car in dash dvd player. Valor ITS-700W?




ali_vegas_


So i have a Valor ITS-700W in dash DVD player. It doesn't allow me to play movies while I'm driving. I understand it's for safety issues, but I wasn't planning to use it while driving. I want to deactivate the safety screen (it turns blue unless my e-brake is up) because it's the main source that hooks up to my other 3 screens in the back of my car. And since it is a blue screen on the valor, all the other ones are blue screens. I was just wondering if anyone knows what I have to do exactly to deactivate the safety screen?


Answer
The way most e-brake cables work is a simple 5 or 12 volt line. As the e-brake is pulled up, the line gets "hot" and basically lights up a bulb on the dash. (Like a switch)

All you would need to do to deactivate the safety screen is to give the wire that determines whether the e-brake is engaged a constant voltage at all times. This would "trick" the DVD player to think the e-brake is always on.

Check your DVD player manual on which wire it is, and see if you can find the voltage. Then just pick a line that see's voltage when your car is in the "on" position, and tap into that wire. If you need anything else, feel free to message me.


Hope this helps!




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment