Saturday, April 5, 2014

Should I buy a portable DVD player or laptop to entertain my kids for vacation travel?




Mommymushb


I would like something that plays DVDs, but not sure if it's worth it to instead purchase a laptop with DVD playing capability. That way we can use it for the internet, and games as well.


Answer
I would suggest the laptop because you can do a lot with it. It will cost way more than just a portable DVD player. Also, keep in mind that portable DVD players will run much longer oin a charge. Most laptops won't even play a full DVD before dying on battery power.

If you are looking to go cheap and keeps the kids quiet, get a portable DVD player. A headphone splitter will allow them both to listen and you don't have too. Also, there is very little support or troubleshooting needed when using a basic device like this.

If you have money to burn, get a laptop for em, but it will never run tat long on one battery while spinning the DVD, lighting the screen, running the processor, etc... You will also be opening up a can of worms as far as protecting your children from the internet..

Cruise - DVD player?




pcary2000


I'm going on a Carnival cruise on May. They told me that there is no DVD player in the rooms. But, do you know if it is possible to connect one to the room TV. I have an ultra compact DVD and I would like to use it thre. Why? Because I'm traveling with small kids. Do you know if there are connections on the TVs for that? Thanks


Answer
I would go ahead and bring the player along. I've been on 4 different cruises and 3 of them had the TV wires accessable.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment