Tuesday, April 1, 2014

Hi which Toshiba HD-DVD player should I buy for my "50" Hitachi HDTV/LCD & it is 1080i resolution?




GAMER VET


Hi I want to buy Toshiba HD-DVD player. Since my HDTV it is 1080i resolution & I am looking for cost less then $220.

Thank you!
Please don't tell me to buy the blu-ray instead! I choose HD-DVD & everyone has different taste. I also don't care of the format war either! The format war will be over in the next 9 yrs.



Answer
HD DVD is the better choice for HD disks ... more capable player and stable/final specification. I've also read that HD DVD players are better upscaling DVD players for when you want to watch DVDs. Ignore all the brainwashed blu-ray fans!

That said you really only have one choice if you want the Toshiba name on it ... the HD-A3 (and since you only have a 1080i HDTV it's all you need.

However, there is another option -- the Venturer SHD7000 -- $198 at Walmart. In reality it is a rebranded HD-A3 so it's really a Toshiba. The only consideration is the "free" disk offer. As I understand it the real Toshiba qualifies for more movies, so the price difference (based on what price you can find the HD-A3 at) may be the deciding factor. Your choice. The link is to the SHD7000 owners thread at AVS Forum.

Is a up converting DVD player worth buying, does it work good with a HDTV?

Q. Is a up converting DVD player worth buying, does it work good with a HDTV?


Answer
Upconverting DVD players (or blu-ray players for that matter) are only worthwhile if you have a HDTV. They will do nothing to enhance your image on a regular TV.

Since blu-ray players will also upconvert DVDs on HDTVs, the only reason to buy just an upconverting DVD player instead of a blu-ray player is the fact that upconverting DVD players are under $50 whereas blu-ray players are about $150.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment