Wednesday, April 2, 2014

Will this dvd burner work in Windows 7 home premium 64 bit?




Tommy


http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/SearchTools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=5541391&sku=S203-8582%20OEM


Answer
yes 100%. Its a simple build in plug and play dvd player. In worst case you would have to download the driver from the manufactures site. But thats unlikely as a lot of OSes are now 64 bit.

Techno loser with windows 7 64-bit?




Hannah


Ok so I need this answer in the most simple terms, and include every step I have to do because I've been looking for hours now and can only find things that are too complicated for me!
So I just got windows 7 64-bit and it has windows media player 12. I took all my music off my old computer via usb and put them on this one, wmp will play them, but not put them in the library, it only has the three sample tracks in there. I've tried making it search for the files and dragging and dropping but nothing works. I did this troubleshoot thing that said it was corrupted, but didn't seem to do anything to solve the problem. I'm so fed up and frustrated with this. None of my friends or family are technically minded, and obviously neither am I, I just don't want to have to pay someone to look at something I have just spent hundreds on.
I also tried something to do with cmd and scannow? I dunno. But basically it said I can't do it because I'm not the administrator, even though the control panel says I am.



Answer
Ok first the NORMAL procedure:

within Windows media player 12 look just under the back arrow (top left of the page) for the tab marked "Organize"

Click that tab and in the pup up menu that comes up click "Manage Library"
That will open a second box where you select "music"

Now you'll have a pop up page.

On this page the button labeled "add" (which should have been labeled "browse" but isn't)
Will let you choose other folders that you want WMP12 to monitor for content.

It will take a while to import all the folders just give it some time.

IF that doesn't work, read on:

That being said there are some "known bugs" where every time you open WMP it'll need to re-import all those files every time.... I have 14,000 tracks on my notebook computer and this process generally took about a 45min.... the word "intolerable" is most appropriate here...

There are fixes for the bug, and you can look it up on any search engine

In my case it would refuse to import or recognize my video collection, it would play them,
but not save them. (Music library was just fine)

My "videos", various thing downloaded from You Tube and converted from FLV
(flash video files to mp4 files (iPod video files)
Note WMP12 unlike WMP11 natively plays mp4 files

Which "fix" did I employ?

I used the brute force approach, what I did was to re-install windows to finally
get it to work correctly.

but It must be pointed out that I tend to use a sledge hammer approach, I was fiddling around with a fresh install of windows 7 on a separate Hard drive... that way if I got frustrated, bored, tired, I could always switch back to the old semi-functioning one it takes me about 60 seconds to swap out the HDD on my Dell 1525 notebook.

The annoying thing is that I never had the slightest issue with my desktop even though it's windows installation was literally off the same physical media (DVD installer disc)

The thing was I will not "activate" a windows installation (ANY operating system) until I make
sure it works and has updated to all the service packs.

I wish you luck...




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment